Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hoping for an Elitist

The following letter to the editor appeared in the Raleigh News and Observer several days ago. It is written by Rich Weems of Cary. I think he's on to something.

"I don't know whether Barack Obama is an elitist, but I hope so.

I'm tired of having some dumb cowboy mussing up the White House carpet with his dirty boots and ridiculous policies. I want someone who's smart and knows what he's doing in the White House.

I want the guy who's leading the strongest nation on earth to be better than the average guy. I don't care whether he bowls, but I want the next president to know the difference between Sunni and Shia; to understand the economy, and not just leave it to the "budget guy;" to speak in complete sentences with proper grammar and to be concerned about the here and now as opposed to waiting for history to judge him.

So, yeah, I want an "elitist" to be in the White House 'cause I already know what having a nonelitist in there has done for us."

Well said Rich!

No comments: